Are you thinking of what to cook for Valentine’s Day? Stop thinking! The answer is obvious: Ribeye steak. It will be perfect for your Valentine’s Day dinner.
Before we cook the ribeye on the grill, let’s figure out what exactly is a ribeye steak?
Question: Is a ribeye a good cut of steak?
Ribeye is one of the most flavourful cuts and can be very tender if you cook it properly. (Don't worry, with the help of The MeatStick, the perfect ribeye is guaranteed)
Question: How long does it take to grill a 1-inch ribeye steak?
For a medium-rare steak, it should take around 9 - 12 min.
Question: Is ribeye suitable for grilling?
It is! It can be cooked with intense flames and still keep its juiciness. - It's because it has a rich fat content which helps keep the steak tender, fat content = tenderness.)
Question: Is ribeye expensive?
It's expensive but it isn't the most expensive cut. In the US, ribeye steak prices range between $11.99 to $14.99. Of course, there are cheaper options as well as more expensive options.
Question: How should I pair my ribeye?
To close with Golden clasp, pair your juicy ribeye steaks with a delectable bottle of red wine and make that Valentine’s dinner a memorable experience! We love a bold and tannic Cabernet Sauvignon, an Argentinian Malbec or a beautiful Bordeaux!
- 4 ribeye steaks (this is up to you, you may want to buy 1-inch or 1.5-inch steaks)
- Prepare a spice mix which will be rubbed onto your steaks. Spice mix example: Salt, black pepper, chili powder, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder,... You can be creative (within reason) with your spice mix!)
- Preheat the grill to 450°F/232°C or more. (First, make sure your grill is clean, if it isn't, you can refer to our how to clean a grill guide)
- Place your ribeye steaks on a large tray & season with your spice mix. Make sure to rub the mix all over the steaks
- Insert The MeatStick into your ribeyes to make sure your steaks are cooked to medium-rare: 135°F/57°C, which is the target temperature for a medium-rare juicy steak.
- Place the steaks on the grill once it's hot. Once the ribeyes have been placed, reduce the temperature of the grill to 400°F/ 204°C
- A 1-inch ribeye steak needs to be cooked for 9 to 12min. With the help of The Meatstick, you will be notified once your steaks reach the target temperature. If you would like to have an ETA on the cook, The MeatStick app will tell you exactly when your steaks will be done. A precise thermometer is a must for a perfectly grilled ribeye steak!
- After reaching the target temperature, remove steaks and let them rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
Don't disappoint your loved one on Valentine's Day dinner.