Say goodbye to boring and bland chicken breast with The MeatStick’s recipe for Ginger Garlic Chicken Breast with Cilantro! Chicken breasts can be known to be dry, flavorless, and boring, but not with this recipe. Utilizing The Meatstick for this Ginger Garlic Chicken Breast recipe allows for juicy, moist, and tender chicken breasts every time! Who doesn’t love a charred, slightly spicy, juicy chicken that could easily be paired with various salads or even roti?
What makes this Recipe so good?
Garlic and ginger are the perfect combination of flavors to compliment both the flavor and texture of the chicken breast. Charred to perfection and garnished with cilantro, we guarantee that this recipe for chicken breast will be a keeper. The juiciness of the chicken and the complexity of the flavors make this a recipe that is fresh, juicy, and slightly spicy. And as an added bonus, this recipe can be enjoyed by itself, rolled up into tacos or served over rice!
Why use The MeatStick?
Tired of overcooked and dry chicken breast? Us too. Since using The Meatstick, our chicken breasts have been cooked to perfection every. single. time. Convenient and easy to use, The MeatStick makes for a wonderful addition to any kitchen and is compatible with all kinds of meat- chicken, beef, pork, and even fish!
The MeatStick enables you to monitor the cooking temperature in your chicken breast (and all kinds of meats!) during the cooking process. It provides you with real-time temperature data right on your smartphone to achieve a perfect cook each time.
Below is a list of ingredients of what you need to get started:
Ginger Garlic Chicken with Cilantro (4 servings)
- 8 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro leaves (finely chopped, save more for garnish)
- 1 Tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (½–¾ lb. each)
- Create a paste by mixing together lemon juice, oil, garlic, ginger, and cilantro.
- Put together turmeric, coriander, salt, and chili powder in a separate bowl, and add the mixture to garlic-ginger paste and stir well.
- Put marinade in a large zip bag.
- Put the chicken inside and use hands to massage marinade into the chicken breast. Make sure to generously coat each breast. Let rest for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Before placing the chicken on to a skillet, set up your cook on The MeatStick App.
- Once set up, carefully insert the MeatStick into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Heat up a large skillet over high heat and add 1 tsp. Oil. Swirl the oil around pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook. Leave for 1 - 2 minutes and it becomes lightly golden. Flip the chicken and continue to cook 1 - 2 more minutes until golden brown on the other side. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the chicken hits 165°F/73°C.
- Remove pan from heat and let the chicken sit, covered, 10–15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts. Don’t uncover, or you’ll release the hot steam that cooks the chicken.
- The Meatstick App will monitor and notify you once breasts are cooked through, and the chicken should register 165°F/73°C.
- Once the chicken has reached the desired temp, carefully remove the Meatstick (careful it will be very hot) from the chicken breast and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cover in aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 - 15 mins.
Watch the video of the recipe