Tired of the same beef, pork, or chicken for dinner? Us too. Switch up your menu with this healthy recipe for Baked Salmon with Lemon and Herbs!
This lemon, rosemary, and garlic-infused salmon are baked to perfection by cooking it in an aluminum foil filled with fresh herbs.
Simple, fast, and easy to cook with the help of your Mini, what’s not to love about this salmon recipe?
Salmon itself is very flavorful. When cooked according to this recipe, you will find that this delectable fish is both moist AND tender, with the lemon and herbs bringing out the flavor, aroma, and even texture of the salmon as it cooks in the oven. Whoever said that healthy dinners are bland and boring definitely need to try this delicious baked salmon!
What makes this recipe so good?
Covering the fish in tin foil will allow not only for it to cook evenly, but will also allow for the lemon-infused broth to soak into it as the steam and heat cook the meal to perfection.
The flavor of the fish changes and allows for the lemon, garlic, and rosemary to compliment the salmon flavor. Other variations of this dish include this orange-sesame and garlic-butter that are also great for dinners! Why not try them all?
Which one to use: The MeatStick or Mini?
Cooking this recipe up in The MeatStick kitchen, we used Mini by TMS, The MeatStick’s latest product! With over 2500 supporters backing this project made The MeatStick dream turning into reality.
Our customers have asked us time and time again for a smaller probe, and we delivered. The Mini is the perfect choice for smaller home cooks, due to its smaller and thinner design.
The MeatStick was our first product that hit the market in 2018. Since we always wanted to satisfy our customers who want to cook much smaller pieces of meat. Mini by TMS is capable of handling all those cooks without any problems. It will be available on our official website soon.
Recipe: Baked salmon in aluminum foil (Serves 6)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 5 sprigs of rosemary - Do not use dried herbs
- 2 lemons - halved, opt. More for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- Additional chopped fresh herbs
- Let the salmon sit at room temperature while you prepare the ingredients. Heat oven to 375°F/190°C. Cover a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Coat the foil with oil or baking spray and place 2 sprigs of rosemary in the middle. Cut one lemon into small slices and place half of them on top of the rosemary.
- Place the salmon on top, and drizzle it with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper and rub to coat. Place the remaining rosemary and lemon slices on top of the fish and garnish with garlic.
- Set up your cook on the Meatstick App, and insert the Mini into the thickest part of salmon.
- Completely close up the salmon by folding up the sides of the aluminum foil. If it is not large enough, arrange a second piece and form a sealed packet around the fish. Make sure to leave a little room inside the foil for air circulation or use a fork to poke some holes.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes. The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon, and the Mini will indicate the salmon’s doneness.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and open the foil. Then return the fish to the oven for 3 more minutes. A Slightly golden color on top of salmon and garlic as well as The Mini will tell you once it's done.
- Once salmon has reached the desired temp, remove from heat and carefully remove The Mini (caution it will be very hot). If it still appears a bit underdone, you can wrap the foil back over the top and let it rest for a few minutes. Protip: If the salmon flatters easily by using a fork, it's ready. Don’t let it rest for too long though.
- To serve, garnish with additional herbs or top with extra lemon juice!
- The Salmon is now ready.
Recipe inspired by https://www.wellplated.com/baked-salmon-in-foil/