Do you want to grill something on this weekend but not sure what meat to cook? Let us introduce you a recipe which is awesome for grilling: Teriyaki Pork Chops
Cooking teriyaki pork chops is quite easy and also very special due to its sauce. It is crucial to prepare the sauce properly as we wrote here.
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 tbs sesame seeds (it is for garnish)
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops, each one is about 1 inch thick
- 2 green onions as sliced( this is also for garnish)
- A quarter cup of mirin
- 4 thick slices fresh pineapple
- 1 tbs freshly grated ginger
- A quarter cup of soy sauce (or use tamari)
- Having steamed rice would be great too for serving
- Firstly, we need to make the sauce by combining mirin, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce in a saucepan and then heat it. It should be heated at a medium level and then reduce the heat once it gets boiled. And then simmer until the mixture becomes a bit syrupy for about 5 minutes.
- Place the pork chops in a large zippered plastic bag. Pour half of the teriyaki sauce over the pork and put it in the fridge for about 8 hours or overnight. Keep the other half of the sauce.
- It is time to prepare a charcoal grill at medium-high heat. But first, clean and oil the grill grate. Then, start heating the grill. While the grill is heating, we need to get pork chops ready by removing them from the marinade and let them rest under room temperature.
- Before we place pork chops over the grill, we first need to insert a meat thermometer to make sure that our pork chops will be perfect. The MeatStick is just a perfect wireless meat thermometer that allows you to track your pork chops when you are away from the grill and spend time with the friends instead.
- Place the pork chops on one side of the grill and the pineapple slices over the other side of the grill. Cover the grill and cook, turning the chops and pineapple occasionally, until the chops are nicely seared and cooked to medium, which is about from 145/62°C to 150°F/65°C and the pineapple slices are nicely grill-marked. Transfer the chops and pineapple slices to a platter, tent with foil, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with the rice, passing the reserved teriyaki sauce on the pork.
It is now time to enjoy your perfectly grilled pork chops with the people you love. We should also thank The MeatStick since it kept its eye on the grill, while we were having a nice conversation and drinking with our friends.